1. They have a heart for the young ones, the lambs.
2. They love families.
3. They love the local church and belong to one.
4. They love young ministers.
5. Their marriages are strong and their houses are in order.
6. They are generally grey-haired with a track record of integrity, fruitfulness, and they are blameless in character.
7. They are clothed with humility, not easily offended, and possess much wisdom.
8. They know God and fear God.
9. They are given to the Word and prayer.
10. They despise the spotlight, popularity, power, and position.
11. They are not given to excesses, extremes, or abuses of doctrine or fads and trends that come and go.
I guess you could add a few more things, but this list is sufficient to identify the true fathers in today’s Church. Remember that anointed ministry gifts, although helpful, does not equate to being a spiritual father. Neither does chronological age, although again, age can be, and often is a factor.
We need their voices badly in this hour to speak into the church and set things in order, especially considering the incredibly vast amount of teachers (many false) we have today, with the rise of false apostles and prophets, and the pride of knowledge expanding at an unprecedented rate.
Honor the true fathers. Let them speak.
“For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.” (1 Corinthians 4:15)
NOTE: Our books are forerunners to personal holiness, the move of God, and the return of the Lord. They also combat the departure from the faith and the turning away from the truth we are seeing in our day. If any of our books or articles on this blog are a blessing and encouragement to you please use the social media buttons on our site to share them.
Also, this ministry is sustained by the freewill offerings of those who believe in the mandate and message of revival that this ministry carries. Again, if these articles have been a blessing to you, would you prayerfully consider making a tax-deductible contribution through our Paypal button to help? We have great needs and expenses in the missionary work we are doing.
Thank you for sharing in the fruit of our mutual faith.